[mrtg] Re: AS/400

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Mar 19 15:00:30 MET 2002

Try to do an snmpget or snmpwalk from on the box itself.  Make sure you can query the box from within, then we'll work on externally querying.
Do you see the process running, do you know what version?
If not, you should make sure it's the latest version, only because of
all the flack around snmp lately.  Can an AS/400 run net-snmp., or is it
some variation from IBM?

Paul

>>> "Will Hall" <will at cwnetworks.com> 03/19/02 08:06AM >>>
Hello,

I am trying to do some monitoring on an AS/400 and do not know squat about setting up SNMP on the box. I have it running (Or so I think). I cant seem to walk it with cfgmaker. Anyone else have any monitoring going for an AS/400 that might be willing to share some secrets?? =-)

TIA!!!!

Will