[mrtg] Re: log file getting cleared

Fauteux, Joe Joe.Fauteux at Paymentech.com
Tue Mar 19 14:56:55 MET 2002

Doug - we had similar problems not too long ago - it seemed to be related to
permissions on our UNIX box - if we didnt su- to the owner of the mrtg files
, and we ran mrtg manually - all our logs would get zeroed out. Not sure if
this is your cause or not

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Hardie [mailto:bc979 at lafn.org]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 11:33 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] log file getting cleared

Periodically my log files (some, not all) are set to zero erasing all
my history information.  I have not yet correlated this with anything
but it may be related to rebooting some boxes that are being
monitored.  However, when one goes, several others also do.  I looked
through the archives and didn't find anything like this.  This only
started a couple weeks ago.  Haven't seen anything like this before.
--
-- Doug