[mrtg] RRDTool and Thresholds....

Isaac isaac at netos.com
Tue Mar 19 19:06:18 MET 2002

Hmmmm....

Well, I checked all over the net using the oracle of Google but I can't find
the answer to my question.  Also checked the list archives and no go.

So!  I was hoping to consult the collective wisdom of the list.

Basically, we are running MRTG 2.9.18 pre1 with RRDTool 1.0.33 and they
rock.

It is when we try to use the threshold option inside of our mrtg.cfg file
that we get weird behavior.

The MRTG threshold seems to be working but it is kicking back reports like
this:

(IP_OF_OUR_SWITCH)_2_6 (88498.4166605389) is above threshold (87500)

This is not what we want tho...We are trying to say, if the MAX IN Bytes for
this port goes about 87500- then run the script.

We are trying to do this via:

--------
Here's the beginning of our mrtg.cfg ->

### Global Config Options

# WorkDir: /home/http/mrtg
WorkDir: /usr/home/mrtg_user/public_html

LogFormat: rrdtool

PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/bin

LibAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.33/lib/perl/

### Global Defaults

#  to get bits instead of bytes and graphs growing to the right
Options[_]: growright, bits

#Testing Thresholds- this is the directory where MRTG will write its temp
files to
ThreshDir: /home/mrtg_user/mrtg_thresh_dir