[mrtg] Re: SV: Re: Changing the scale on the graphs

charlesk charlesk at netgaintechnology.com
Fri Mar 22 17:15:19 MET 2002

Another idea can I change the scale to be logarithmic?

Charles

From: "PAUL WILLIAMSON" <pwilliamson at mandtbank.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:06:53 -0500

Yeah, that's the problem.  He wants to see the spike traffic, but
he doesn't want it to mess up the "regular" daily traffic.

Try putting the MaxBytes to something right above the normal
daily traffic, and put in an AbsMax value of whatever your current
MaxBytes value is.  Do the unscaled thing.  Then things should be
ok, sort of.  I say sort of because I don't think this will really help.

You maybe want a display "range" from say 0 to 20% of your link?
But only for daily?  Sounds like a request for the developers.  I'd
like that kind of feature too...

Paul

>>> "Niels Stoltze" <nis at connectpartner.dk> 03/22/02 10:55AM >>>

Hmm, isn t that exactly what Charles doesn t want? The problem is, that
he can't see the normal traffic, because off the spikes. If he should
use the Unscaled options, I would say that he should use it, in
conjunction with Maxbytes, setting MaxBytes to a low value. That way, he
will see his normal traffic during day, but not the big spikes in the
night. Or perhaps, Charles should just monitor during working hours?

/Stoltze