[mrtg] FW: SV: Re: Changing the scale on the graphs

Sawyer, David david.sawyer at mckesson.co.uk
Fri Mar 22 18:00:25 MET 2002

Sorry for the repeat post (Paul & Stoltze), my outgoing email address has
just changed and it got thrown back from 'listar'.

Tobi - any chance of adding a change of email option in the mailing list
interface so I don't have to re-subscribe to the list?

******************************

Why not have two configs for the device and use MAxBytes1 & MaxBytes2

Config one to monitor only Inbound traffic for both the OIDs with MaxBytes1
set just above regular traffic and MaxBytes2 set to the full capacity.

Config two do the same but only monitor outbound traffic.

i.e.

Target[host_in]: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.3&1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.3:public at host
MaxBytes1[host_in]: 250000
MaxBytes2[host_in]: 1250000
Unscaled[host_in]: Y
.
.
.
Target[host_out]: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.3&1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.3:public at host
MaxBytes1[host_out]: 250000
MaxBytes2[host_out]: 1250000
Unscaled[host_out]: Y
.
.
.

HTH

David Sawyer

Email: david.sawyer at mckesson.co.uk

 www.geocities.com/mrtg_daemon
   MRTG/RRDTool daemon for Windows9x/ME/2k
   MRTG GUI ConfigMaker for Windows9x/ME/2k
   TopTalker - See who the top talkers are on your network
   TFTP Cisco configs automagically