[mrtg] Off-Topic Post - Cisco Accounting Tool

Williams, Garth gkwilliams at epcor.ca
Wed Mar 27 19:33:50 MET 2002

Good Day!

While not a Cisco-centric dude myself, I would like to draw the attention of
those who ARE to the Cisco IP Accounting Fetcher (CIPAF) on SourceForge.  It
has the following purpose (as per the project itself)

Represent the IP accounting information from cisco router in human-readable
form; collect it in to the HTML reports on daily or monthly basis.

You can find it here:  http://cipaf.sourceforge.net

It looks like a great FREE way to extract Top-talker type information from
your Cisco products, and I can see it as a great addition to an MRTG-based
monitoring system (so I guess it's not WAY off topic!)

Also, as a side note, check out the NET::SNMP PERL module for building your
own scripts!  Looks interesting.

Garth K. Williams - Network Consultant
Ph: (780) 412-6850
Email: gkwilliams at epcor.ca