[mrtg] Network Map, sort of off topic

Poetzel, Christopher J. cpoetzel at anl.gov
Wed May 1 21:47:17 MEST 2002

I was wondering if anyone out there was producing a network weather map with
the aide of MRTG statistics.

I came across such a traffic weather map located at
http://hydra.uits.iu.edu/~abilene/traffic/
<http://hydra.uits.iu.edu/~abilene/traffic/>

This site has great documentation of how to set up such a weather map using
mrtg values but they do not provide the scripts necessary to do this.
I was wondering if anyone out there has created such a traffic graph and
what scripts they are using.

I would be more than willing to write a document for the group detailing how
to set up such a map using the mrtg values.
(Bosses seem to love things like network weather maps)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Chris Poetzel
Argonne National Labratory
Network Engineer