[mrtg] Re: Network Map, sort of off topic

Chuck Harpham charpham at symantec.com
Wed May 1 21:52:34 MEST 2002

I have been looking for something like this for a long time... Would be
nice to have.

Chuck Harpham
Symantec Corporation
Network Engineer/IT Communications/Springfield
charpham at symantec.com
Business- (CC 001) 541-335-5718
Cellular- (CC 001) 541-953-4638

|         |           "Poetzel,        |
|         |           Christopher J."  |
|         |           <cpoetzel at anl.gov|
|         |           >                |
|         |           mrtg-bounce at list.|
|         |           ee.ethz.ch       |
|         |           05/01/2002 12:47 |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch                                                                                                           |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  [mrtg] Network Map, sort of off topic                                                                                          |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I was wondering if anyone out there was producing a network weather map
with
the aide of MRTG statistics.

I came across such a traffic weather map located at
http://hydra.uits.iu.edu/~abilene/traffic/
<http://hydra.uits.iu.edu/~abilene/traffic/>

This site has great documentation of how to set up such a weather map using
mrtg values but they do not provide the scripts necessary to do this.
I was wondering if anyone out there has created such a traffic graph and
what scripts they are using.

I would be more than willing to write a document for the group detailing
how
to set up such a map using the mrtg values.
(Bosses seem to love things like network weather maps)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Chris Poetzel
Argonne National Labratory
Network Engineer