[mrtg] Re: Network Map, sort of off topic

Ivette Reategui reategi at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Thu May 2 14:11:34 MEST 2002

I was interested in this as well.  Some months ago I contacted someone
at the Abilene NOC.  He indicated that in the past they used to provide
scripts for this, but they no longer do so because they are improving
these scripts.  Next week I'll be attending the Internet2 Spring Member
meeting, in Arlington, VA.  Folks from Abilene will be there...I'll see
if I can get any pointers on this ;)

- Ivette

>>> "Poetzel, Christopher J." <cpoetzel at anl.gov> 05/01/02 03:47PM >>>
I was wondering if anyone out there was producing a network weather map
with
the aide of MRTG statistics.

I came across such a traffic weather map located at
http://hydra.uits.iu.edu/~abilene/traffic/
<http://hydra.uits.iu.edu/~abilene/traffic/>

This site has great documentation of how to set up such a weather map
using
mrtg values but they do not provide the scripts necessary to do this.
I was wondering if anyone out there has created such a traffic graph
and
what scripts they are using.

I would be more than willing to write a document for the group
detailing how
to set up such a map using the mrtg values.
(Bosses seem to love things like network weather maps)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Chris Poetzel
Argonne National Labratory
Network Engineer