[mrtg] MRTG + SQUID

Flavio Fonseca ff at uber.com.br
Tue May 7 22:48:54 MEST 2002

Hello Members of this list,

   I'm new to mrtg and snmp. I saw the conf rules to get MRTG working with
squid. Thats working quite fine.
I had to make some changes cause the fields weren't matching.

   I saw in squid MIB that it mantains the cache usage per client with the
variable : cacheClientHTTPKb, cacheClientHTTPHits , etc...

   I tryied to use that with mrtg without sucess. any can help me?... here
the mrtg output...

Array found where operator expected at (eval 6) line 1, at end of line
ERROR: Target[10.0.3.1-inout] eval warning: syntax error at (eval 6) line
1, near "public at localhost"
Global symbol "@localhost" requires explicit package name at (eval 6) line 1.

   I know that cacheClientHTTPKb is an array... how to use those values???

   I also would like to know what to do in this case: when squid is started
it has not the values for clientes that haven't accessed it yet, how to
configure mrtg to get only the knowns clients and the others clients as the
start to use squid.

   thanks for your attention.

Flávio Fonseca

UFU - Universidade Federal de Uberlândia
DIRPD - Diretoria de Processamento de Dados
55-34-3239-4303