[mrtg] Re: Help please!!! MRTG on Cisco router!

Garry Cook Garry.Cook at mactec.com
Thu May 9 23:03:12 MEST 2002

I'm going to guess that you are running IOS 11.3 on all of these routers?
There are a few old versions of IOS running within my network and they do the same thing, the subints report that their bandwidth is that of the actual serial interface.
I don't know what version of IOS fixed this, but I'm guessing it was 12.0.
I would recommend upgrading your IOSs to the highest release train available for the amount of memory that you have in the routers (For many additional reasons aside from being able to graph the bandwidth correctly).

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 - 303.881.5157

> I'm monitoring a Cisco router that centralizes all
> conections of a star based network. For each interface,
> there are many subinterfaces configured each one with a
> different speed. The problem is that when the
> configmaker gets the information about the interfaces,
> the value received in MaxBytes parameter is the same for
> all subinterfaces, it gets the value of maxBytes of the
> hole interface. See example above:
>
> ### Interface 32 >> Descr: 'ATM5/0/0.1-aal5 layer' |
> Name: '' | Ip: '192.168.11.25' | Eth: '' ###
>
> Target[192.168.11.25]: -
> /192.168.11.25:tbe2000 at 192.168.10.114:
> MaxBytes[192.168.11.25]: 4240000
> Title[192.168.11.25]: TBE_ASB
> PageTop[192.168.11.25]: TBE_ASB / 33.9 Mbps /
> 192.168.11.25</H1> </TABLE>

[snip]