[mrtg] Re: [rrd-users] Re: data Spikes?

Marc Bilodeau marc at somix.com
Wed May 22 20:32:52 MEST 2002

Rob,

I agree. However, if the spike never hits the max value then it will not
be recorded as a NaN. Our average load on a port may be only 20 - 30K.
However, out of no where it would spike to 10 or 15mb randomly at all
hours of the day on a 100mb port complete hiding the existing data. We
have a fairly large implementation and it happens on all types of
devices too at random times with no consistency. We confirmed it was not
our network because we were using other products monitoring the same
MIBs. I'm stumped. The only thing I can think of is it may be a counter
wrapping issue.

Marc