[mrtg] Re: Tracking FECN's with MRTG

Mersberger, Robert Robert_Mersberger at BeverlyCorp.com
Thu May 23 15:24:19 MEST 2002

This is the target I use for a 3620:
Target[getdlci2]:
.1.3.6.1.2.1.10.32.2.1.4.2.101&.1.3.6.1.2.1.10.32.2.1.5.2.101:secret at 172.16.
101.88
The last 3 fields are frCircuitReceivedFECNs.interface.dlci
You can try this.  The only problem I have is that I only track change by
watching the chart increase. I would like to only see the differences on the
chart.

Hope this works for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bush, David A [mailto:BushDA at corning.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 8:09 AM
To: 'mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch'
Subject: [mrtg] Tracking FECN's with MRTG

Hi Folks,
	I'm a new list member and a MRTG newbie with what may be a dumb
question.

	I have two PVC's on a frame-relay connection, and am using MRTG to
monitor both ends of the circuit right now. I also want to track FECN's and
BECN's on the routers. One is a Cisco 2610 running IOS 11.3(10)T (track
FECN's on this one), and the other is a Cisco 7513 running IOS 12.0(12)
(track BECN's on this one).

	How can I do this?

	I did an snmpwalk on the 2610, and all I could see related to FECN's
was this:

transmission.frame-relay.frCircuitTable.frCircuitEntry.frCircuitReceivedFECN
s.5.80 : Counter: 36569
transmission.frame-relay.frCircuitTable.frCircuitEntry.frCircuitReceivedFECN
s.5.137 : Counter: 12262
transmission.frame-relay.frCircuitTable.frCircuitEntry.frCircuitReceivedBECN
s.5.80 : Counter: 0
transmission.frame-relay.frCircuitTable.frCircuitEntry.frCircuitReceivedBECN
s.5.137 : Counter: 0

	How do I use this in MRTG so that I can see a graph of FECN's? I've
tried to figure it out, but so far the actual syntax escapes me.

Thanks everyone,
- Dave

Dave Bush
Network Analyst