[mrtg] Rateup dies

cvalin at telespectrum.com cvalin at telespectrum.com
Thu Nov 7 18:04:43 MET 2002

Don't know if this has been asked before:

I'm having a strange behavior with rateup erroring out on an interface that
cfgmaker identifies just fine.  Actually, nothing in my network appears to
have changed (no access control list changes) but now when rateup looks to
get data for the interface (this behavior is for only one of maybe three or
four interfaces on a Cisco router) it errors out and the graphs show no data
update since the last time it graphed - effectively freezing in time the one
interface that it is erroring on yet all the other interfaces report update
graphs without problem.

As far as I can tell, the amount of activity on the interfaces involved has
not dramatically changed and so it's not like it's a timeout problem.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

I've tried going from 2.9.18pre4 to 2.9.25 and the result is the same.