[mrtg] Re: monitoring multiple interfaces w/ diff subnet

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 17:49:15 MET 2002

>I have to monitore five routers on a network, but they
>have different ip addresses and subnets.  Is this
>possible to have one machine monitor these routers???

Create each of the 5 config files, as per the manual

You can then either:
1. stick it together by hand as one big config file
2. run 5 copies of the program
3. use the INCLUDE line in a master config to call each of the other
configs.
4. As a win-doze user, I cannot comment on what Forks does, but if you use
Unix, I thinks it's in this general area.
5. In windows environment, google MrDaemon as an alternative to 2 or 3.

regards
Peter