[mrtg] Re: Measuring Bandwidth Usage

Jake Colman colman at ppllc.com
Fri Nov 15 14:33:42 MET 2002

    DI> there is a bandwidth usage script out there ....  on google do a
    DI> search for: mrtg totalizer

I looked the 'mrtg totalizer' and I don't see how this will give me what I
want.  This is either because I don't understand howit works or I am not
clearly explaining what I need.

My cablemodem has certain amount of bandwidth available for upload/download -
different values for each.  I'd like to see how much of my bandwidth is being
used throughout the day and to monitor whether I am swaming its
capabilities.

Similarly, my wireless network also has limited bandwidth.  I suspect that an
app running between one of the wireless nodes and my server might be dumping
a huge number of packets and effecting performance of all other wirless
nodes.  How can I monitor that?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman at ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com