[mrtg] Re: MRTG Limits

Makai Jozsef Jozsef.Makai at siemens.hu
Mon Nov 18 09:55:02 MET 2002

Hi Bryan,

I run MRTG 2.9.22 on WinNT box (256 MB+64 MB RAM) with rrdtool and
routers2.cgi.

It monitors over 140 routers (at the moment 2600+ rrd files). The routers
are grouped to ten groups. I have separate config file for each router.

The router config files are 'included' to ten mrtg config files. These ten
config files are started separately in FireDaemon (ten different services).
(I had problem with only one very big config file and one service...)

The CPU load on the NT box swings between 20-90 percents. The average is
around 50 percents.
The system is usable, the modification is very simple.

Jozsef