[mrtg] Re: MRTG Bandwidth Limits?

Dan O'Neill dano at atlasdmt.com
Mon Nov 18 22:42:38 MET 2002

64-bit counters would fix your problem but I've found many of my cisco
devices (and also Win2k) don't support 64 bit counters.  You can get more
accurate readings using 32-bit counters by increasing the polling frequency.
Try polling the device every minute and see if that doesn't fix it.  I can
get 500Mbps+ measurements by polling gig interfaces every minute using 32
bit counters.  When I was polling these same devices every 5 min I would cap
at ~110 like you.

Dan