[mrtg] Re: Testing testing + question.

Ambrose Li a.c.li at ieee.org
Tue Nov 19 01:45:13 MET 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 01:29:19PM -0800, Rowan Reid wrote:

> > wherever you defined WORKDIR in the config file.
> >

> No luck producing a data file. My log file (very short) is below. In my
> ../cfg directory there is a mrtg.ok file. Other than that there are no
> error/logs

MRTG does not create log files. Are you running MRTG
as a cron job? If so, check the mailbox of whatever
user is running the cron job; if that user cannot
receive mail (e.g., if it is "nobody"), change the
cron job to redirect all its output to some log file.
Then you have a log file to read ^_^

[...skipped...]

> WorkDir: /www/mrtg

This means that the html files should be in /www/mrtg.
If not, perhaps /www/mrtg either does not exist or is
not writable by the mrtg process.

--
Ambrose Li  <a.c.li at ieee.org>
http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/cmcc/  http://www.cccgt.org/