[mrtg] Re: MRTG Bandwidth Limits?

Alex Nguyen anguyen at videotron.net
Tue Nov 19 02:11:09 MET 2002

Hi,

Specify the version 2 in the Target cfg line.

You can find in the MRTG CFG Reference :

Extended Host Name Syntax

In all places where ``community at router'' is accepted, you can add
additional parameters for the SNMP communication using colon-separated
suffixes. The full syntax is as follows:

community at router[:[port][:[timeout][:[retries][:[backoff][:version]]]]]

where the meaning of each parameter is as follows:

port	the UDP port under which to contact the SNMP agent (default: 161)

timeout	initial timeout for SNMP queries, in seconds (default: 2.0)

retries	number of times a timed-out request will be retried (default: 5)

backoff	factor by which the timeout is multiplied on every retry (default: 1.0).

version	for SNMP version if you have a fast router you might want to put a
	'2' here. This will make mrtg try to poll the 64 bit
	counters. And thus prevent excessive counter wrapping. Not all
	routers support this though.

Example:

 3:public at router1:::::2

A value that equals the default value can be omitted. Trailing colons can
be omitted, too.

A.