[mrtg] Re: RES: Testing testing + question.

Rowan Reid rreid at studio3arc.com
Tue Nov 19 20:12:33 MET 2002

Ok I'm almost there thanks for the help so far.  I managed to get snmpd
set up and working and I am generating logs. My cfgmaker looks like the
following

<snippet>
cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/mrtg'  \
          --global 'Options[_]: bits,growright' \
          --output /www/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg    \
          ifref=ip			      \
           internal at 192.168.1.1                \
	   internal at 65.45.76.66
</snippet>

> your device is a server in a box, with linux -iguess-, and
> you still havenot "customized" your snnpd.conf.  your
> community string is "public".

Question what exactly are community strings ? I imagine I define these
in my snmpd.conf

> try
> $ cfgmaker public at 192.168.1.1
> and see the results...
Also the logs generated for each if is the same. Should I be looking for
a more accurate config of my snmp ?