[mrtg] Re: Specifying two IP adresses

Matt Walkowiak matt at inetdvd.com
Wed Nov 20 05:25:48 MET 2002

Do this:
Run cfgmaker with the following line:
./cfgmaker internal at 192.168.1.1 > /www/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg

That should get ALL the active interfaces of the device you are trying to
query, and place them into the file mrtg.cfg.
I should also point out a little security here.  NEVER place your .CFG files
in a folder that can be accessed from the MRTG web.  It's just a text file,
and if your MRTG site is ever public, people could easily open up your .CFG
file, and in there are all your community strings with their IP addresses -
and you just opened up your device to the world.
Ok, back to the .CFG file.  For two separate graphs, just have mrtg run the
.CFG file as normal, after you setup your WorkDir and Options lines:
./mrtg /www/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg
If you want to add the total bandwidth for each interface, take the Target
line from the second interface, and "Add" it to the Target line of the first
IF:
Target[asdf]:2:public at 10.0.0.1 + 3:public at 10.0.0.1

Mrtg will then add all the numbers together before it graphs them

Matt Walkowiak