[mrtg] Re: MRTG 2.9.26 and 2.9.26b

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 20 12:48:31 MET 2002

Today Michael Geertsen wrote:

> Hello Tobias !
>
> First I want to thank you and the other guys for developing this great tool. I've used it for about 2 years now and it's been great - until now ! I've just upgraded to version 2.9.26 and now my graphs and log file are completely ruined. MRTG has written 2012757248 as the value in the entire log file, so the graphs are also wrong. I've attached a graph and log file so you can see the problem.
>
> I've also tried version 2.9.26b, but it doesn't change a thing. After I downgraded to version 2.9.25, the problem went away, and MRTG logs the correct values, but if you delete the log file and start all over, it still logs 2012757248 as the value the last couple of years which gives a very incorrect graph.
>
> Have you heard of these kind of problems before !?

Nope ... it seems that the 64bit rateup is a problem on some
platforms ... I am at a loss as to where the problem lies because
on my test platforms it works fine ...

Please, whoever is working on a platform where mrtg 2.9.26 is NOT
working propperly with debugging abilities, please help to resolve
this issue ...

In the mean time I have renamed the mrtg 2.9.26 archives to point
out the problem ...

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland