[mrtg] MRTG Problem

Nataniel Klug nata at cnett.com.br
Wed Nov 20 11:34:41 MET 2002

    Hi guys,

    I am having a big trouble with MRTG. I wanna some help, can you take a look at this
script?

---- BEGIN
RunAsDaemon: Yes
Interval: 5
Language: brazilian
Htmldir: /var/www/html/mrtg
Imagedir: /var/www/html/mrtg/images
Logdir: /var/www/html/mrtg/logs
Options[_]: growright, withzeroes, unknaszero, nopercent, gauge, noinfo, integer
MaxBytes[_]: 30
YLegend[_]: Modems
ShortLegend[_]: modems
Legend1[_]: Modems utilizados (5 min)
Legend2[_]: Modems utilizados (3 min)
LegendI[_]: E1(5/5 min):
LegendO[_]: E1(3/3 min):
Directory[_]: cnett

Target[RAS]: `cat /etc/mrtg/ras`
SetEnv[RAS]: MRTG_INT_IP="" MRTG_INT_DESCR="RAS"
Title[RAS]: Monitoramento Utilizacao E1
PageTop[RAS]: <H1>Monitoramento Utilizacao E1</H1>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>System:</TD>     <TD>RAS</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Maintainer:</TD> <TD>suporte at cnett.com.br></TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Modems:</TD>  <TD>30 dsp v.90 56k fles</TD></TR>
 </TABLE>
---- END

    In this script I verify my RAS situation. It shows to me how many conections I have in
that moment. But it is generating an error when I try to initialize after some days of
perfect work. I mean that this script work for some time and then, for some reason, this
return this error when trying to star with mrtg:

---- BEGIN
Daemonizing MRTG ...
Rateup ERROR: /usr/bin/rateup found ras's log file was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 1037293051.Rateup WARNING: /usr/bin/rateup could not read the primary log file for
ras
Rateup ERROR: /usr/bin/rateup found ras's log file was corrupt
          or not in sorted order:
time: 1037293051.Rateup WARNING: /usr/bin/rateup The backup log file for ras was invalid
as well
[root at gw mrtg]# WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'ras'
 Signal was 0, Returncode was 1
---- END

    I already tryed everything I know but it still doesn't work. I try to delete the lines
that timestamp are the same as that one in the error, but it always find another line with
an error.

    The only thing I could make to it work was deleting the LOG and manking another, from
zero.

    I hope you could help me.

Att
 Nataniel Klug