[mrtg] Compiling MRTG

Jason Frisvold friz at corp.ptd.net
Wed Nov 20 15:20:43 MET 2002

I know I'm gonna get hammered for this ...  but ....

Can someone give me a quick hand?

Redhat Linux 7.3
MRTG 2.9.26b

I've installed the RPM's for libpng, libjpeg, and gd.  I also installed
gd-devel since rateup apparently needs the header file.  I've added
/usr/lib and /usr/local/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf file and re-run
ldconfig to populate the cache.  However, when I run configure, I get an
error that the GD Library is required.

I've tried adding in the --with-gd-lib and --with-gd-inc options to
point at the correct locations for the libgd.so and gd.h files.  The
configure program apparently sees the gd.h file, but not the library?
Here's a snippet of output :

checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg_ft in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageGd in -lgd... yes
checking gd.h usability... yes
checking gd.h presence... yes
checking for gd.h... yes

The gdImage items are bothering me at the moment...  I think my
salvation may be in there somewhere... *grin*  I'm not sure how to tell
the system that I have that support, though ...  ???

Can anyone give me a nudge, push, slap, or something to let me know what
step I'm missing?

Thanks!

--
---------------------------
Jason H. Frisvold
friz at corp.ptd.net
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 807302349405893
"Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone
and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the
source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the
Tao of Programming."

-- Type: application/pgp-signature
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
-- Size: 190 bytes