[mrtg] Combining Log Files

Eldon Balzer [MRTG] mrtg at vr6.ca
Wed Nov 20 19:50:33 MET 2002

Hi everyone,

I have gone through the archives and am looking for a utility/script that
will allow me to combine two MRTG logs files.  I upgraded a Linux machine
recently.  Now I have old log files with 10+ month's worth of data... and
wish to add this data to the new logs.

The old machine was using 2.9.18 and now using 2.9.25.

I did find several references to combine_logs.pl at
http://buckaroo.xo.com.  I am unable to reach this site.  Is this still
the correct method to combine two logs files?  Other posts commented that
something was included with MRTG to allow combining of logs... but I could
not find them in the ~/contrib/ in the sources.

Any help appreciated.