[mrtg] Re: MRTG not showing the correct utilization.

Naman Latif naman.latif at inamed.com
Thu Nov 21 20:00:20 MET 2002

Maybe the MRTG is showing the BW usage in Bytes and Not Bits. The 5
minute interval statistics you gathered from the router ar probably in
bits (true for Cisco Routers).
28.8KB(bytes)\s = 28.8*8= 230Kb(bits)\sec,  which is what you are seeing
on the Router.

To have MRTG report the statistics in bits, un-comment "Options[_]:bits"
in the .cfg file.
You will have to wait for 5 minutes for the Daily Graph to get updated
and so on for other graphs.

Regards \\ Naman