[mrtg] Problem with RRD after converted from LOG

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Fri Nov 22 22:08:14 MET 2002

On one of my existing configs, I converted to RRD.  However, in the process
of the .LOGs being converted to RRD, the last entry in the RRD got false
data, causing a large spike in both readings.

I don't know why the conversion added the spike, it doesn't make any sense.
However, now that the RRD is created and has the spike in it, how can I
manually remove and/or replace that row with different data?  I tried
to do an update but it wouldn't let me.

rrdtool update weather_t-h.rrd 103799700:23:66

Got the error:

ERROR: illegal attempt to update using time 103799700 when last update time
is 1037999522 (minimum one second step)

Can I not change an RRD after the data is in it already?