[mrtg] How do I read my MRTG graph?

Philip Mak pmak at aaanime.net
Sun Nov 24 17:22:37 MET 2002

Hi,

I'm the customer of an ISP. My ISP provides me with an MRTG graph to
see how much bandwidth they're going to bill me for. They bill using
the 95 percentile method.

Here is my graph:
http://r1h.servercentral.net/stats/64.202.96.3_54.html

Recently I got surprised with bandwidth overage charges, so I'm trying
to cut down on the bandwidth my machine is using. Now, I want to be
able to know how effective my bandwidth reduction strategies were. So,
is there a way I can look at the graph and know:

- How much kb/sec did I use in the past day?
- How much kb/sec did I use in the past week?