[mrtg] Re: How do I read my MRTG graph?

nate mrtg at aphroland.org
Sun Nov 24 23:25:13 MET 2002

Philip Mak said:

> - How much kb/sec did I use in the past day?
> - How much kb/sec did I use in the past week?

I don't think you can determine the EXACT amount of traffic
transferred for that day according to the graphs. But luckily
your ISP is good and gives you access to the raw data:

http://r1h.servercentral.net/stats/64.202.96.3_54.log

you can use that in combo with mrtg_total.pl to get total
bytes transferred for your connection so you can see trends
up/down

http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/MRTG/TrafficTotals

example:
http://mrtg.aphroland.org/summit.aphroland.org/summit.1.total.2002.html

if you run it daily it will even give you stats for each day of
the month.

With access to the raw data you can run a script to download
the log every so often and make your own MRTG graphs. I personally
prefer much larger MRTG graphs, shows more detail.

nate