[mrtg] Re: MRTG quit collecting data on Cabletron Ports

Michele Michelotto michele.michelotto at pd.infn.it
Mon Nov 25 15:50:09 MET 2002

-------------------
>> different  ports on different switches and it has been verified
that data is
> being passed through these ports.  Has anyone seen this before or
have any
> ideas on what would cause this?

I've seen Cabletron smartstack (Vertical Horizon)
 stopping answering snmp requests
when the snmp request rate was increased.
When I was sampling them each 15 minutes I
got no problems. When I started using a Fluke
sw as LAN troubleshooting tools the cabletron
switches and only the c/tron switch started
misbehaving: no more snmp answers, telnet
daemon not responding, www deamon not responding

The problems was fixed with a firmware upgrade.

Could you plese check if it's a problem with
the switch or a problem with MRTG?

                                   Michele Michelotto