[mrtg] Re: Customizing the polling interval

ade ade at snaiso.com
Mon Nov 25 19:36:54 MET 2002

Hi all,

I'm also quite new to MRTG.
I've installed MRTG and RRDTools on a Linux station.
I'm using this station to poll 2 load-balancers, 2 switches and 2 firewalls
(cpu, memory, bandwidth,...).
I've configured the polling interval down to 1 minute for each of these
monitored OIDs.

But my .rrd files aren't updated each minute, but rather each 3 minutes.
And I have the following message:
"WARNING: data collection did not complete within interval!"

So, yes RRDTools enables the polling interval to be configured to 1 minute,
but only for (very) few OIDs. When starting having several OIDs to monitor,
it seem to be difficult for one thread to gather and process all the data.

Arnaud