[mrtg] Re: MRTG Thresholds - Resolved with Thanks

Barry_Young at interliant.com Barry_Young at interliant.com
Mon Nov 25 19:40:00 MET 2002

Thanks to everyone that offered valuable advice for threshold alerting on
Win2k platforms.  I can confirm that this is now fixed and is a simple
solution in case anyone else should have a similar experience.

Original problem was the inability get the syntax correct to call a perl
script directly from mrtg.  From there I then encountered problems using a
batch file approach and running as an NT (FireDaemon) service......and so
on until you disappear down your own rabbit hole, if you know the
feeling.....

Solution: call perl script from within mrtg but with the correct syntax
(ie. use double slashes within directory spec.)

eg.

MRTG.CFG
=========
#--- Global Config Options
Workdir: C:\MRTG-Data\UKDC
Threshdir: C:\MRTG-Data\Threshold
RunAsDaemon: Yes
Interval: 5
Target[x]: etc etc
ThreshMaxI[x]: 25600
ThreshProgI[x]: C:\\MRTG\\bin\\threshold.pl

Works a treat.

Thanks and regards,