[mrtg] Re: Error when starting MRTG

Waltman, Adam AWaltman at anacomp.com
Wed Nov 27 16:47:00 MET 2002

OK.  I tried to remove rateup.o and that didn't work.  Here's what I am
getting now:

# libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.10
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.4
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
library
ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything sensible
Argument "UNIX" isn't numeric in ne at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg line 407.
Argument "UNIX" isn't numeric in ne at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg line 407.
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 11
 with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'dstkc-2610_10.60.25.2'
 Signal was 11, Returncode was 0
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.10
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.4
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
library
ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything sensible
Argument "UNIX" isn't numeric in ne at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg line 407.
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 11
 with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'dstkc-2610_10.70.25.2'
 Signal was 11, Returncode was 0

1.  I have libpng-1.2.4 running but for some reason it's compiling with
libpng-1.0.10.  How can I stop that?
2.  My GD (1.8.3) and libpng aren't compatible apparently.  Which versions
work nicely together?
3.  What does "Argument "UNIX" isn't numeric in ne at
/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg line 407" mean?  What should be there in place of
UNIX?

Again, I am running on Solaris 8 and I compiled everything with the
defaults.

Thanks,
Adam