[mrtg] pfdual on a box other than what MRTG is running on?

Chris Johnson chrisj at vtci.net
Thu Oct 3 04:57:04 MEST 2002

Is there a way that I can monitor other CPU's other than what is running
on the current box?

This is my current config, and it works great on *THAT* box.

Target[host_CPU]: `pfdual.exe` & `pfdual.exe`

MaxBytes[host_CPU]: 100

AbsMax[host_CPU]: 100

Options[host_CPU]: unknaszero, gauge

ShortLegend[host_CPU]: % CPU

YLegend[host_CPU]: % Utilization

LegendO[host_CPU]: CPU#2 Load:

LegendI[host_CPU]: CPU#1 Load:

Title[host_CPU]: Intel Pentium III 600Mhz Analysis on BACKUP

PageTop[host_CPU]: <H1>Intel Pentium III 600Mhz Analysis on BACKUP</H1>

WorkDir: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mrtg

Options[_]: growright

What would I need to do in order to monitor a Win2k box with an IP of
172.16.1.6 or 172.16.1.8 ?

On a second question, how would I change my current config to monitor 4
processors in one box?

Would I change:

 Target[host_CPU]: `pfdual.exe` & `pfdual.exe`

Target[host_CPU]: `pfdual.exe` & `pfdual.exe`  & `pfdual.exe`  &
`pfdual.exe`

And

LegendO[host_CPU]: CPU#2 Load:

LegendI[host_CPU]: CPU#1 Load:

LegendO[host_CPU]: CPU#4 Load:

LegendI[host_CPU]: CPU#3 Load:

LegendO[host_CPU]: CPU#2 Load:

LegendI[host_CPU]: CPU#1 Load:

What should the processor #3 and #4 be change to different letters?
Currently #1 is I and #2 is O.  I'm not sure what either stands for,
other than maybe in and out. But, ( again ) what should #3 and #4 be?

Thank you for your help,

Chris Johnson

Valley Telephone