[mrtg] Perl error?

John Graves jhgraves at ddi-wans.com
Thu Oct 3 18:05:01 MEST 2002

I am in the process of turning up mrtg. I can get the script telling me
about uptime to work. when I try to use CFGMAKER I ge the following error.

C:\mrtg-2.9.22\bin>perl cfgmaker public at localhost
"use" not allowed in expression at C:/Perl/lib/FindBin.pm line 14, at end
of lin
syntax error at C:/Perl/lib/FindBin.pm line 14, near "head1 SYNOPSIS

  use FindBin"
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/FindBin.pm line
15.
Compilation failed in require at cfgmaker line 40.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at cfgmaker line 40.

I have checked several times and the statement 'use FindBin' seems to
appear as is in all files??  Is this a FindBin error or a cfgmaker
error??  I am running this on a win2k pro system, if it maes a difference.

John Graves

Dynamic Devices, Inc.
781-245-9100

We make  your  data, data and voice, and data, voice and video connections
happen.... easily!