[mrtg] Re: command not found

Andrew Davis andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
Mon Oct 14 19:15:04 MEST 2002

Are you running linux? Do you have the mailto: defined in the crontab
for the user? If so... you might want to just comment it out.
Alternatively, you can do a custom .forward file that sends all emails
with a certain subject line (output of cron for mrtg) to /dev/null.

AD

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 09:49, Robert Wagner wrote:
> I keep getting an email from cron every time it runs.  I am okay with having
> to go into Pine to delete all the messages.  Everything is running fine, as
> far as I know.
>
> The messages all have '/bin/bash: root: command not found'
>
> The subject lines vary as follows:
>             'Subject: Cron <root at Jordyn> root /usr/bin/mrtg
> /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg'
>             'Subject: Cron <root at Jordyn> root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly'
>
> Insight would be helpful.  Thanks
>
> Rob Wagner
> rob at tcomn.com
>

> --

Andrew Davis, Founder
SoCalLinuxSolutions
andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
760-525-4689

SoCalLinuxSolutions.com
Linux Consultation & Integration Services