[mrtg] Re: command not found

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Oct 15 00:27:06 MEST 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 11:49:42AM -0500, Robert Wagner wrote:
> I keep getting an email from cron every time it runs.  I am okay with having
> to go into Pine to delete all the messages.  Everything is running fine, as
> far as I know.

If MRTG runs fine yet you have an error mail every 5 minutes, chances
are you have two cron entries (one good, one bad).

> The messages all have '/bin/bash: root: command not found'

This would happen if you have a line similar to:
        */5 * * * * root /usr/bin/mrtg mrtg.cfg
in the user's crontab (for user root probably).

This syntax is correct for the system wide crontab /etc/crontab
but not for the crontab file build using 'crontab -e'

HTH
Alex