[mrtg] Configuring SNMP for Oracle for monitoring in MRTG

Shyam shyam at infonox.com
Wed Oct 16 13:19:07 MEST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to configure SNMP for Oracle so that I can monitor Oracle ( 8.1.7 ) Database on a Windows 2000 server using MRTG. Since I am a newbie to Oracle, I am following the link given below for configuring the SNMP :-

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/docs/oracle/server.817/win.817/a73008/apf.htm

The link says that the SNMP port for the OracleSNMPPeerMasterAgent should be 161 and for OracleSNMPPeer Encapsulator, the port no. should be any unused port ( 1161 in the link ). Even after making the required changes, I don't get any values for the Oracle MIBs from my MIB Browser ( GetIf ).

Any ideas on how to configure SNMP for Oracle on Windows 2K would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.     : I have copied the Oracle MIBs ( Oracle-database.mib etc. ) in my GetIf folder.

Regards,
Shyam