[mrtg] mrtg temporary files ?

Koenraad Vanhoutte Koenraad.Vanhoutte at evosoft.be
Wed Oct 16 13:12:19 MEST 2002

Hello,

I've changed the user with wich mrtg is running on my system (debian 2.2r5).
Now I get the following error :

/usr/bin//rateup: Permission denied
Rateup ERROR: Can't open adslcisco827--atm0.tmp for write

PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 1 when doing router 'adslcisco827--atm0'
 code was 256, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
 you should probably investigate the cause. :-)

I believe there must be a specific directory where mrtg places temporary
files.
I still have to change the RWX rights on this directory.

Can somebody tell me where I can find mrtg's temporary directory ?

Thank you,
Mvg, Koenraad Vanhoutte
System Engineer
EVO-Soft N.V.