[mrtg] SNMP Loop when scanning Cisco 6509 Sup1

Toepp, Tim ttoepp at minds.tv
Thu Oct 17 00:48:16 MEST 2002

I have one cisco 6509 and when I attempt to scan the supervisor module I
cannot gather any information, Cfgmaker will just site there and do nothing
after about 3 lines.  I've changed the RO and RW string names just to make
sure that wasn't an issue.  Literally it would sit there for hours if I
wouldn't break the command.

So I ran the SNMPWalk command on it and found out that when it gets to the
following line it will start looping:
Interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifIndex.88=88
Now if I was a Dale Jarrett fan I would have found this to be a sign.
However since this is that last machine that I need to gain information for
to finish up this monitoring project I would like to solve this and move on.

I'm running 2.9.18, and I've been able to get other Cisco routers and
switches, but didn't know if anyone had the same problem when gathering
information from the 6509 Sup1.  Or if someone knows why I'm getting this,
how to fix it or how to setup a work around...

Thanks in Advance,
Tim