[mrtg] Re: Using RRD

Thoenen, Peter Mr. EPS Peter.Thoenen at bondsteel2.areur.army.mil
Wed Oct 23 04:36:20 MEST 2002

I'm not.  To be honest I am not much of a RRD guru myself though I have
replaced MRTG with it.  But he didn't mention specific requirements.  For a
SMALL network w/ a dedicated server monitoring bandwidth and SNMP counters,
rrd is unneeded overhead.  I mentioned I would still convert to RRD but not
required.  RRD isn't a magic tool that does everything either and I am sure
people can find cases where RRD fails also.

-Peter