[mrtg] question about cammer w/r/t Cisco 2820

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Wed Oct 23 16:02:32 MEST 2002

I am using the cammer.pl script in an effort to duplicate some of the functionality of the Cisco CWSI user tracking program. It works great for all of our equipment except the 18 2820 devices we (unfortunately) use in one of our residence areas.

For some reason, the port names are not being stored/retrieved correctly somewhere in the script. The 2820 acts like the 2900 and 3500 with respect to VLAN OIDs, and I already modified that part so the script actually executes. I can tell that the names are being grabbed properly via snmp, and are being stored in a hash. For some reason, the spot in the hash where the name is normally retrieved at output time is instead grabbing undefined values. I kind of get lost in the hashes - I am having a hard time determining why things aren't working as I expect them to.

One other thing I have done is changed the script to make SNMPv1 queries instead of SNMPv2. This seems to work fine for all the devices.

If there is anyone who has modified this script already to work with the 2820 device, I would appreciate some pointers. Or if I am just doing something dumb, let me know :).

Will Saxon
Systems Programmer
University of Florida Division of Housing
Phone: (352) 392-2171 x10148
Fax: (352) 392-6819
Email: wills at housing.ufl.edu