[mrtg] inserting log in database

Christian Rasmussen chr at egebjerg.com
Sat Oct 26 21:10:44 MEST 2002

Hi all,

To be able to save peaks according to user and so on, I would like to save
the log data in a MySQL database. My idea would be to find the place in the
code where the relevant SNMP data is retrieved and then insert some mysql
commands to insert the data.. Can anyone tell me where in the code it would
be appropriate to do this? I just need the exact same values which are saved
to the MRTG log files. Of course I could also write a script to read all the
logfiles, but it would be a bit easier if it could be implemented in MRTG
itself.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Christian Rasmussen