[mrtg] non-responsive querys hang mrtg

Robert Canary phantom at ohiocounty.net
Tue Oct 29 03:35:28 MET 2002

I am running mrtg to monitor our broadband radios.  However, if the
radios do not respond the entire list in the config fails.  I end up
with charts that are very choppy with long times between actual
readings.  I used to get an email from cron when the mrtg failed to get
a response from the radio, but no cron dosen'e detect it.  If I run mrtg
from the commandline then it spills out a message of the failed query,
but it dose not when it is ran from cron.

Can anyone explain this???

I want it to stop trying to qury the radio after it fails the first
time, and proceed to the next one in the config file, and spew out an
err message when it fails, so cron will pick it up and email it to me.
This is what it used to do.....

--
robert canary
system services