[mrtg] Newbie Question...

Dan Tappin dan at wavefront.ca
Wed Oct 30 17:17:18 MET 2002

I have RTFM :^) and I am still a little fuzzy on the SNMP tree / naming
conventions for MRTG.

I have a basic MRTG page up and running logging TCP traffic via my mrtg.cfg
file with:

Target[freya.wavefront.ca]: 4:community at freya.wavefront.ca

This was created via the config maker utility.

I now want to add other pages such as uptime.  I ran snmpwalk on my system
and got a ton of data back.  I figured that I want to plot:

system.sysUpTime.0

to get my uptime.

My question is how to a configure my new MRTG config file to poll this and
plot it?  Also how do I convert this to x.x.x.x.x numerical format.  This is
the real fuzzy part to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan