[mrtg] Re: Which OID should I use (WInNT4, ServicePack 6a)?

ian macnaughtan ian.macnaughtan at braziermotti.com.au
Wed Sep 4 02:21:38 MEST 2002

For windows nt look in this path for all the various oid's ...

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.microsoft.software.systems.os.winnt.performance

OR .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1

This includes all the windows performance stuff. For example, the cpu %
processor time is ...

the above path +
.cpuprocessorTable.cpuprocessorEntry.cpuPercentProcessorTime OR .2.1.3

Here is the full path ...

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.microsoft.software.systems.os.winnt.performance.cpuprocessorTable.cpuprocessorEntry.cpuPercentProcessorTime

OR .1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.2.1.3

However, this does not give you the actual oid. You still need some further
numbers. Perhaps someone else can explain why. These may be specific to
each machine or something. As i have only one nt machine i have not been
able to test this. To get these with getif, select the performance value
you want in the tree view (upper left corner) and click the 'walk' button.
This should give you a list of values. This might be one value or many
values depending on what you chose in the tree view. You may be able to see
the entire oid in the list view. Otherwise, click on one of the values in
the list and you will see the oid in the bottom left corner with its type
and current value.

Therefore, on my system, the oid for cpu % processor time is ...

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.microsoft.software.systems.os.winnt.performance.cpuprocessorTable.cpuprocessorEntry.cpuPercentProcessorTime.3.48.58.48

OR
.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.2.1.3.3.48.58.48

Memory Available Bytes is ...

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.microsoft.software.systems.os.winnt.performance.memory.memoryAvailableBytes.0

OR
.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.1.1.0

You should be able to find all the other ones you want. I hope that helps.

regards
ian.

                    Richard Huang
                    <RHuang at ntgclarit        To:     "'mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch'" <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                    y.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     [mrtg] Which OID should I use (WInNT4, ServicePack 6a)?
                    mrtg-bounce at list.
                    ee.ethz.ch

                    04/09/2002 07:21
                    AM

> I want to monitor my NT servers and download the snmp4nt from
> www.wtcs.org. Now I am sure the snmp service is working on my machine.
But