[mrtg] Re: Config file question

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Sep 9 16:10:23 MEST 2002

From: Aaron Conaway [mailto:Aaron.Conaway at HOSystems.com]
>Does running MRTG with one config file run more efficiently than several
>config files?  I have a 100 config files that are polled every 5 minutes
>and wondered if combining these files would help performance at all.

That depends.  If you are running a separate instance of MRTG per config,
then you probably would benefit from some ecconomies by combining.
If you have all of the configs joined with Include: statements and a forks:
statement, then any performance gain would be negligible.

Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CNX
Lan/Wan Integrator
Austin Energy
1.512.322.6739