[mrtg] Re: MRTG on NetBSD 1.6

tony bourke tony at vegan.net
Mon Sep 9 21:04:11 MEST 2002

Hi Yuri,

While this is a net-snmp and could probably best be addressed on the
net-snmp mailing list, here are a few pointers:

Whenver I have a compilation complain about a missing file, I use the
"locate" utility, which is installed on most BSD systems.  The command
/usr/libexec/locate.updatedb when run (usually runs once a night on BSD
distributions, if not just run it manually) will build a database of all
the files and their locations on your system.  You can then use the
"locate" command (in /usr/bin in FreeBSD at least) to find the vm_param.h
file, and then adjust your paths.

At the very least, you can copy that vm_param.h file into the directory,
and hopefully that will alleviate your compilation error.  On FreeBSD,
that file is located at: /usr/include/vm/vm_param.h.  Perhaps /usr/include
isn't in your header file path?  Otherwise, just copy vm_param.h into the
/usr/pkgsrc/snmp/net/agent/mibgroup/ucd-snmp/ directory, and that will
probably fix the problem.  It's a rather sloppy solution, but it will work
in a pinch.

Tony

Tony Bourke				tony at vegan.net