[mrtg] Re: cfgmaker & frame-relay interfaces only

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Tue Sep 10 17:08:36 MEST 2002

>	Id it possible to get cfgmaker to generate a cfg file
>for a router
>but ONLY grab the frame relay interfaces ???
>
>there are no options that I can see for this,  and my perl
>isnt sufficient to modify the cfgmaker code

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/cfgmaker.html
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/cfgmaker.html#item_%2D%2Dif%
2Dfilter_%27filter%2Dexpression%27
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/cfgmaker.html#details on
filters

Based on this, I would use something like this:

./cfgmaker '--if-filter=$if_type==32 && $if_admin' community at host

All other ifTypes will be commented out like so:

### The following interface is commented out because:
### * filter specified by --if-filter rejected the interface

Note that if an interface is ifAdminStatus up but ifOperStatus down, it will
still be included in your .cfg.  How to alter this behavior is an exercise
left to the reader. :)

HTH.

-gabrielle
"I don't mind the rat race but I could do with a little more cheese."